RSA/RCG Training

SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
SITHGAM001 Provide responsible gambling services

Want to work in an exciting and buzzing licenced hospitality venue?

Enrol Now @ Patrick Careers Academy RSA and RCG short courses!

The NSW liquor laws require that workers hold a Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) to work in the liquor industry. Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG) is also a mandatory requirement if work duties include gaming machines.

These requirements reflect the importance of ensuring licensees and staff understand their obligations in serving liquor responsibly and the types of strategies that can be implemented to add value to a venue’s operations.

Do you have a question?

RSA & RCG Training

To sell or supply alcohol in NSW you must complete the RSA training course provided by an approved RTO. If you are new to the liquor industry or returning to a job requiring RSA competency after five years, you need to complete a full training course.

You must have the RSA, RCG or both if you work in the following:

  • Pubs
  • Clubs
  • Licensed premises
  • Hotels
  • Bars
  • Serving alcohol at an event
  • Licensed restaurants

RSA training applies to:

  • club secretaries and club directors (if they serve alcohol)
  • licensees and managers
  • service staff
  • RSA marshals
  • crowd controllers
  • security staff
  • promotional staff
  • volunteers.

Course Cost

RSA – $150 (per person)
RCG – $120 (per person)
Bundle and Save! (RSA +RCG) – $240 (per person)


SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
SITHGAM001 Provide responsible gambling services

At a Glance

DURATION: 1 Day course for each

  • RSA - 6 hours (1 day course)
  • RCG - 6 hours (1 day course)



1. Complete the RSA, RCG course or both:
Complete the first-time course in a classroom environment through Patrick Careers Academy.

2. Receive an interim certificate:
Once you've successfully completed the course, you will receive an interim certificate on the day. This certificate is valid for 90 days and allows you to work immediately.

3. Apply for your NSW competency card:
Take your interim certificate with you to apply for your NSW competency card at a Service NSW Service Centre,where you will have your identity checked and your photo taken. You will be sent a plastic NSW Competency card and you can also download a digital version through the Service NSW app.

All competencies expire on the same date, calculated five years from the first competency gained.

Tip: Apply for your photo NSW competency card as soon as possible as it will take one month to arrive. Your interim certificate is only valid for three months.

4. Go digital
You don’t have to wait for your competency card to arrive in the post. Download the app to your smartphone available on iTunes® or at the Google Play™ store. Once you have the app, you’ll need your CCH number to add your competencies. Your CCH number is displayed on your photo card.


Entry Requirements
This course is available for eligible domestic students

Apply to study this course