If you want to learn the skills you need to start your career working with older people, then this is the qualification to send you in the right direction!
Our Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) is designed to provide you with the training you need to work in residential aged care facilities, community care, community based organisations and hospitals. This qualification can be achieved while you are working in the field or in a classroom setting.
You will learn all about the importance of individualised planning and person-centred care to people who may require support. You will learn how to support people with complex care needs, to tailor care and support approaches to meet individual needs with increased ‘client’ choice.
During your studies you will learn how to:
- Communicate effectively with individual clients and their families
- Maintain personal care and other activities
- Promote the wellbeing and independence of older people.
- Develop individualised care plans to assist older people.
- Work placement at a residential aged care facility to ensure you are work ready
- Care Workers (Aged Care facilities and at Home)
- Assistant in Nursing
- Respite Worker
- Community Care Worker
- There is a range of criteria applicable to qualification fees. Some students may be eligible for fully subsidised training and fee concessions or fee exemptions. (Eligibility Checker)
- If you are not eligible for Smart and Skilled funding the fee for this qualification is $4,500 payment options available:
- Fees for service qualifications or
- Pay in full
- Pay your qualification fee via a flexible tailored payment plan using our Vet Student Loans
- As this course is Centrelink approved, please contact Services Australia by clicking on one of the below links and quote Institution Code: 2D019, Patrick’s College Australia.
To find out about enrolling into a Traineeship Apprenticeship - Services Australia
To retrain or upskill Retraining - Services Australia
Duration: Workplace Traineeships up to 18 months and Classroom Based 26 weeks
Qualification Delivery: Online, Workplace or Classroom based
CHCCCS031 Provide individualised support
CHCCCS038 Facilitate the empowerment of people receiving support
CHCCCS040 Support independence and wellbeing
CHCCCS041 Recognise healthy body systems
CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
HLTINF006 Apply basic principles and practices of infection prevention and control
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
CHCAGE011 Provide support to people living with dementia
CHCAGE013 Work effectively in aged care
CHCPAL003 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
CHCDIS020 Work effectively in disability support
CCHCAGE007 Recognise and report risk of falls
CHCCCS017 Provide loss and grief support