Welcome to a Wonderful Career in Hospitality!
With the Hospitality Industry buzzing, and job availabilities everywhere from five star Hotels, fine dining restaurants, events, contemporary bars and cafes, why wouldn't you want to be part of it!
At Patrick Careers Academy, we strive to provide modern methods of education and training. We teach our cohort of students fun and flair in our interactive classes and hands on experience so they can adapt well in the industry.
The Diploma of Hospitality Management, gives our students the knowledge and preparation suited to know what to do in any situation, and to have the total confidence to succeed in such a glamorous industry - Hospitality.
Patrick Careers Academy works closely with our well established Industry Partners to ensure that our graduates are confident and experienced and most importantly, Industry ready! They speak at our events, and they provide industry placements for much needed on-the-job experience.
The Diploma of Hospitality Management is designed to provide students with a broad range of practical and operational skills as well as customised training to equip our graduates for a fantastic career in the hospitality industry.
Hospitality Career Titles like:
Banquet or function manager
Chef de cuisine
Front office manager
Unit manager catering operations.
At a Glance
40 weeks Full Time
- 28 units of study
- Part-time options available
- Work placement is required to complete this qualification
Enrolment: $150 non-refundable
VET Student Loans
Patrick Careers Academy is an approved VET Student Loans Provider for this qualification. VET Student Loans will not be approved for students who do not meet eligibility requirements and applicant should be aware that a VET Student Loan gives rise to a HELP debt that continues to be a debt due to the Commonwealth until it is repaid
There are no entry requirements for this course.
This course is delivered in the classroom, simulated work and real-life operational work environments. To gain the optimum learning experience from the course it is recommended that you attend all classes.
Monday - Wednesday: 9.30am - 4.00pm
Subjects and Units
MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP
- BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace
- SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
- SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships
WORKING IN INDUSTRY
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality Industry
- SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service
CLIENT & CUSTOMER SERVICE
- SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experiences
- SITXCCS008 Develop and manage quality customer service practices
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- SITHFAB001 Clean and tidy bar areas
- SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITHFAB010 Prepare & Serve Cocktails
- SITHFAB003 Operate a bar
- SITHFAB005 Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITHFAB014 Provide table service of food and beverage
- SITHFAB016 Provide advice on food
COMMUNICATION & TEAMWORK
- SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
- SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFIN004 Prepare and monitor budgets
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- SITXHRM002 Roster staff
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- SITXHRM004 Recruit, select and induct staff
- SITXHRM006 Monitor staff performance
WORK HEALTH & SAFETY
- SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
GOVERNANCE & LEGAL COMPLIANCE
- SITXGLC001 Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- SITXINV003 Purchase goods
- SITXINV004 Control Stock
- BSBADM502 Manage meetings
The cost for this course is $13,000
You can pay this by instalments:
- Fortnightly: 20 X payments $650
- Monthly: 10 payments: 10 X $1,300
- Semester: 4 X $3250 due on each census date
VET STUDENT LOANS
Patrick Careers Academy is an approved VET Student Loans Provider for this qualification. VET Student Loans will not be approved for students who do not meet eligibility requirements and applicant should be aware that a VET Student Loan gives rise to a HELP debt that continues to be a debt due to the Commonwealth until it is repaid. Eligible applicants with an available VET Student Loan balance can borrow up to $10,528. The balance of the tuition fee ($2,472) can be paid by instalment as follows:
- Fortnightly payments : 10 X $247.20
Monthly 10 payments : 10 X $247.20
- Semester: 4 X $ 618.00