Ready for entry into the booming Hospitality Industry?
|Patrick Careers Academy has developed a very practical Certificate III in Hospitality that has been designed to train and enhance your Hospitality skills in either food and beverage or accommodation.
This training program has been developed in consultation with our industry partners and is reflective of the needs of the hospitality industry. The selection of units is aimed to provide a broad skills base for employees wishing to work in the restaurant or hotel industry, but which is also applicable to a range of other hospitality venues.
The Certificate III in Hospitality is designed to provide students with both a broad range of hospitality skills as well as customised training for employment in the hospitality industry, where the employer representatives and management are looking for Patrick Careers Academy to train new recruits for jobs in their hotel venues or restaurants.
For career pathways in hospitality like:
- Room attendant
- Front of house
- Bar work
- Food and beverage
At a Glance
- 15 units of study
- Part-time options available
- Work placement is required to complete this qualification
First qualification: $1,450
Second qualification: $1,750
Full Fee: $6,220
This training may be subsidised by the NSW Government
The cost of this course will vary based on your eligibility for a Smart and Skilled Student Fee. Eligibility criteria can be found on the Smart and Skilled website or you can call on 131 241 for further information.
This course is available for eligible domestic students
Study & Work Placement Requirements:
To achieve this qualification, students must complete at least 36 service periods in documented work placement as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
It is expected that students will undertake approximately 5-6 hours per week with activities such as assessment preparation, self directed study, formative & summative activities in addition to face-to-face lessons at Patrick Careers Academy.
Subjects and Units
INDUSTRY CAPABILITY – WORKPLACE EFFECTIVENESS
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
WORKING IN INDUSTRY
- SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITHIND001 Use hygienic practices for hospitality service
- SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service
CLIENT & CUSTOMER SERVICE
- SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers
COMMUNICATION & TEAMWORK
- SITXCOM002 Show social and cultural sensitivity
- BSBCMM201 Communicate in the workplace
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
WORK HEALTH & SAFETY
- SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
Plus an additional six units from your choice of stream (Either Accommodation OR Food and Beverage)
- CPPCLO3009 Clean glass surfaces
- CPPCLO3017 Clean wet areas
- CPPCLO3035 Maintain cleaning storage areas
- SITHACS001 Clean premises and equipment
- SITHACS002 Provide housekeeping services to guests
- SITHACS003 Prepare rooms for guests
Food and Beverage STREAM
FOOD and BEVERAGE
- SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITHFAB004 Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
- SITHFAB007 Serve food and beverage
- SITHFAB014 Provide table service of food and beverage
- SITHFAB016 Provide advice on food
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety