The Certificate III in Individual Support prepares students for Care Worker role in the community and/or residential setting and follows an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require care due to ageing, disability or some other reason.
Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs.
The Certificate III in Individual Support qualification provides many opportunities for persons who are interested in a role in caring for the people who need support in the community, but still wish to enjoy independent living including aged and disabled clients. The introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) has opened up many opportunities with many providers of this service seeking to employ qualified care workers.
Patrick Careers Academy works with a number of NDIS providers, who look to us to train new staff and provide work placement.
For career pathways like:
- Care Worker
- Aged Care Assistant
- Community Support Worker
At a Glance
- 26 weeks: 13 units of study
- Part-time options available
- 120 hours of mandatory work placement is required to complete this qualification
First qualification: $1,450
Non-government subsidised fee: $6,620
This training is subsidised by the NSW Goverment
The cost of this course will vary based on your eligibility for a Smart and Skilled Student Fee. Eligibility criteria can be found on the Smart and Skilled website or you can call on 131 241 for further information.
This course is available for eligible domestic students
- CHCCS015 Provide individualised support
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCCS023 Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCCCS001 Address the needs of people with chronic disease
- CHCCCS017 Provide loss and grief support
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- CHCMHS001 Work with people with mental health issues
- CHCAGE005 Provide support for people living with dementia